Gluten-Free Strawberry Muffins (GF, V, DF)
These Fluffy and Moist Gluten-Free Strawberry Muffins are dairy-free and perfect for the breakfast on the go!
I love strawberries so much! Having a plethora of strawberries, I needed to find a way to consume them before they went bad. As I was scrolling through Instagram, I saw delicious looking Strawberry Muffins Celebrating Sweets had just posted (my mouth started salivating), they looked so good I knew I needed to come up with a batch of Strawberry Muffins my family would be able to enjoy, since we have diet restrictions.
School is starting for my kiddos next week (I am super sad summer is over!!! Why can’t I keep them babies forever) so I made these Strawberry Muffins just in time because they will be a great breakfast for those BUSY back to school mornings!
These Gluten-Free Strawberry Muffins needed to be fluffy and moist, so with a few adjustments I followed my Chocolate Chip Pecan Muffins recipe on my blog and the Strawberry Muffins turned out great. I have already made two batches of these Strawberry Muffins because the first batch did not last long, since they were being enjoyed for breakfast and snack!
Fun Facts about these Strawberry Muffins
- Super easy to make
- Delightfully paired with a glass of ice-cold almond milk.
- Packed with vitamins and minerals
- HUSBAND APPROVED
- Perfect for a breakfast on the go
- made with pure maple sugar (NO REFINED SUGAR)
- healthy snack
Making Gluten-Free Strawberry Muffins
First, prepare the flax egg and combine the milk and vinegar and set those aside (I like to let them set for at least 5 minutes) while preparing the other ingredients. After the flax egg has set I whisk it one more time before adding to the Strawberry Muffin batter.
Next, combine dry ingredients mix well.
Then, combine wet ingredients mix well.
The next step is to add strawberries to the dry ingredients, fold in to coat the strawberries. Then combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
Finally, transfer the Strawberry Muffin mixture to the prepared muffin tin.
Go ahead, make them, and let me know what you think.
These Strawberry Muffins are gluten-free, dairy-free, and packed with a whole lot of YUM!
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (I use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour)
- 1 cup organic gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp of milled flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil melted but not hot
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease muffin pan or line muffin pan with baking cups. Set aside.
Prepare flax egg. Whisk the flax and water together. Let sit for at least 3 minutes.* Whisk together apple cider vinegar and milk, set aside.*
In a bowl combine dry ingredients, mix well.
In a small bowl combine flax egg, maple syrup, applesauce and coconut oil (melted but not hot). Mix well. Then add milk with vinegar.
Add strawberries to the dry mixture and gently fold in.
Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
Divide mixture evenly into muffin pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- When apple cider vinegar and milk are whisked together and then left to sit it will curdle. Once it is curdled it will react with the leavening agents leaving the baked goods fluffy (lighter).
- I like to let my flax egg sit for 5 minutes.
- These muffins are best when eaten fresh out of the oven.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Heat in microwave and enjoy with your favorite vegan butter.
Other Gluten-Free Recipes