One bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread is bursting with banana flavor with the nostalgic taste of my grandma’s homemade banana bread.
I am constantly telling my family to stop throwing away the bananas with spots on them. They don’t realize that every recipe I make using bananas is made with those ugly looking bananas. They don’t understand those ugly looking bananas are perfect for baking, they add so much sweet flavor to lots of recipes. In this recipe be sure to use overripe bananas. They should be soft with brown spots all over the peel. These are the sweetest bananas and perfect for banana bread.
I just recently found my daughter is unable to consume gluten, I had to find another banana bread that didn’t taste like mush. This recipe is just perfect.
- 3 medium to large bananas
- pure maple syrup
- ground flaxseed
- apple cider vinegar
- unsweetened almond butter
- pure vanilla extract
- gluten free rolled oats
- baking powder
- baking soda
- sea salt
This Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread is…
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Made using one bowl
- Refined Sugar Free
- Family Approved
How to make Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread
This is an easy recipe using only one bowl.
- Start adding 2 cups or rolled oats into a blender or food processor and blend until a fine flour is formed.
- Then blend bananas until they are nice a creamy. I like to blend them until there are no banana chucks. Add maple syrup, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and flaxseed, blend well and then add baking powder, baking soda and salt, blend until combined.
- Next add oat flour and blend until combined. Then add the remaining 1/2 cup of rolled oats and fold in using a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan. Bake until the top is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread
One bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread is bursting with banana flavor with the nostalgic taste of my grandma's homemade banana bread.
- 3 large bananas make sure they are spotty/very ripe
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats - divided
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond butter mine is a little runny
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 350F. Be sure to use an oven thermometer to get to accurate temperature.
Grease and flour (using gluten free flour) your loaf pan or line loaf pan with parchment paper.
Add 2 cups of the rolled oats into a food processor or blender and blend until it is a fine flour. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add your bananas and blend until they are nice and creamy. I like to use a hand blender to get rid of the banana chunks.
Add maple syrup, almond butter, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, and flaxseed. Blend well.
Add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend until combined.
Blend in oat flour until combined.
Add the remaining rolled oats. Fold in the remaing 1/2 cup of rolled oats.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let banana bread cool before slicing.
Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
My pan is a 1.5 pound loaf pan, 9.75 x 6 .